Saturday, December 1, 2012

Mom and Dad

I know I JUST posted, but I wanted to share this.

I don't know if it's because I'm growing up (finally, huh?) or because I'm on the other side of the world for a significant amount of time, or a combination of the two, but I'm really into this expressing my feelings things right now. Every night when I leave work I'm all like, "I LOVE YOU GUYS!" and then they murmur things in Korean and we all laugh and pretend I understand. Now don't get me wrong, I've always had a lot of feelings. I'm a little bit excessive in the emotions department. If you know me at all you know this to be true. But I'm not always so good at finding an outlet for those feelings. Those of you who know me best know this to be true.

I'm really loving this stage of life. This 20 somethings-weird-I don't know who I am-I don't know what I'm going do-I don't understand theses feelings kind of stage. It brings it own set of challenges for sure. Logically, the most challenging phase yet. Except for maybe when I was child and so earnestly wanted to be independent, but ya know, couldn't do things like tie my own shoes or brush my own hair thus ensuing fits of rage. Too much independent has always been a struggle. I'm telling you guys, there is a balance. However, this time is bringing a whole new realm of joy. But I think that's kind of how God planned it. Life abundantly. These days I'm trying not to think to hard or worry too much. I try to find joy in the simple things and sometimes I just have to stop and remind myself and the sun is gonna rise tomorrow.

Anyway, I've been subscribing to this website for a while. All Grown Up. I love it. Every time I read an article I'm like, "OH MY GOSH! HOW DID YOU KNOW???" When I read today's post it was like I wrote it. It was so weird. I laughed, I cried. It was prefect. So I just wanted to share this. I'm sure a lot of you relate. I mean, I know I have an abundance of feelings, but I'm not that weird. And if you're a 20something, check out the rest of these articles. I promise you'll love them.

So here's to my parents. My biological ones for which there are no English (or Korean) words to describe how thankful I am. And to all of my "adoptive parents". I have a little bit of all of you in me.

Dear Mom and Dad

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. As reading "Dear Mom and Dad", I felt the same way as you did. I should text my mom and dad tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do Beth and I fall into the category of adoptive parents? I love your blog, by the way. How long are you going to be there? Can we come visit?

    ReplyDelete