Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Weekends and Grocery Shopping


Weekends

Right now my weekends are pretty boring. I don’t have internet at my apartment because I can’t have anything set up like a cable connection or internet until I get my Alien Registration Card. So when I’m at home it’s literally like I’m the only person in the world. I can’t call anyone, I can’t text, I can’t email, I can’t download movies. It’s ridiculous. It’s like the dark ages in apartment 303. I mean, I have to read for entertainment. Or go for a walk. Ridiculous notions.

There is this coffee shop/cafe place not far from my apartment. They make a wonderful cappuccino and they have free wifi so I spend some time there usually before going to work. One morning there I got a little crazy and I ordered a caramel macchiato and ended up with a cup of chamomile tea. But it was okay. I just went with it. They’re starting to figure me out at the Café Nescafe so I’m having less and less problems with my orders.

I did do a little grocery shopping this past weekend. It all went well. Nothing really surprising happened, but it did take me an abnormal amount of time due to the fact that I don’t speak or read Korean. So it was like picture shopping. This is an example of what was happened inside my head.. Okay, I think that’s an orange... I know that’s a banana... Coffee, good… Milk. Now what kind of animal did the milk come from? Hmmm, I may never know... Oh, orange juice! Nice! Oh my gosh, canned peaches, get in my basket. Eggs, why are theses eggs not refrigerated?? This makes me nervous. Its fine. I’ll just pretend they’re fresh from the farm…

Also, you should know that someone has seriously turned the sun down on this side of the world. Um, wow it got cold. Like over night. I kept thinking, dude this is no big deal. It’s December and I’m fine. Well, I’m not fine anymore. I walk to work and back everyday. It takes about 15 minutes. This week by the end of that 15 minutes my face is literally a block a ice. Literally.

Until next time
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should go shopping together. To buy some groceries.. or whatever. It'll be fun!!!!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete