Monday, December 31, 2012

No car and a party

I really miss having a car. Not having one has definitely been an adjustment. It definitely has its perks, though. I love not having to buy gas or worry about maintenance and the way radiator problems always seem to haunt me. Trust me. I'm looking forward to a year without having to think about my radiator. But, when it comes to running a few errands around the city, a car would be nice. I feel like I always have to map out where I need to go first because I have to carry everything with me into the next store. So it's like, do I want to carry my pizza into the grocery store or my toilet paper into Papa John's? Both make me feel weird.

We had our company end of the year party on Saturday. And even though my mother told me to take pictures and I told her I would I only have one. That someone else took and sent to me. Sorry, Mom. I won a door prize and was voted funniest at my campus. (Are any of you surprised? I was not. Haha jk....but really.) My school won first prize in the talent competition. We performed a less than delightful handbell arrangement of Over the Rainbow and Chopsticks. Welcome to Asia. I saw some interesting karaoke performances and some entertaining dances. But even after all that I didn't feel like the 8 hours of bus travel made it worth it. Just how I feel. But, the food was good. So, there's that.

I hope you kids have the best new year. I'm doing it right over here. Under a blanket with a good book.

Love and miss you all!
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment